Wow, okay, so DeAnna Cameron, debuting novelist, and oh over at Oh! Books…Paper…Real Life… notified me that I’d won blogger awards. Two different blogger awards, which makes this post a little tricky…Hm…
The rules for the awards are basically the same, so I’m going to combine them. If I list you, please pass on your kudos to your favorite bloggers using whichever award you want! Both awards were created to promote fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.
oh listed me for the Inspiration Award (picturing Marie Antoinette). It is an award for blogs that you find inspiring. Thanks, oh!
1. Please put the logo of the award (above) on your blog if you can make it work with your format.
2. Link to the person from whom you received the award.
3. Nominate 7 or more blogs.
4. Put the links of those blogs on your blog.
5. Leave a message on their blogs to tell them.
Prémio Dardos Award
DeAnna listed me for the Prémio Dardos, which is Italian for “Prize Darts.” This award is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web. Thanks, DeAnna!
1. Accept the award by posting on your blog along with the name of the person that has granted the award and a link to his/her blog.
2. Pass the award to another 15 blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgement, remembering to contact each of them to let them know they’ve been selected for this award.
I hereby express my gratitude and affection to the following bloggers. (DeAnna and oh: not listing you but would have otherwise!) These are in no particular order.
1. The Third Eve: Eve’s understanding about human nature and psychology gets me thinking every time.
2. Shrinking Violet Promotions: This is an author website about marketing for introverts. Marketing for introverts! Gotta love it.
3. Sandi Kahn Shelton, novelist: She simply writes so well. This in itself inspires me.
4. Bloglily: I’m looking forward to reading Bloglily’s fiction because I feel good after reading her blog. I imagine her fiction will be filled with the same warmth and understanding as her blog.
5. Elizabeth Engstrom, novelist: She’s wise and she’s a good friend. I like the way she thinks.
6. Susan Wiggs, bestselling romance author, is a cheerful person. She’s an antidote to my bad moods!
7. Distraction no. 99: Reading her blog is so voyeuristic. She’s a writer who puts it all out there, her self-doubts, her angsts, her snags. It’s amazing really.
8. Murderati: This is a crew of publishing crime writers who together provide a varied and fascinating view into the working novelist’s life. Plus, lots of wisdom about the business!
9. Merely Me’s Writing to Survive: This woman’s got some stuff going on! I’m inspired because she’s honest about her health issues and because since I met her in Bloggerland she’s gone on to write columns/posts for other sites and expand her blog.
I’m only listing 9 because it’s too difficult to choose amongst the bloggers I pop in on. Plus, I’ll be honest, I haven’t been hitting the blogosphere as much as usual in the last couple of months — distracted by life and holidays — but writing this post reminds me how much I’m missing!